Wednesday 30 January 2013

Cold Nights, Hot Bodies!

The UK has been turned into a winter wonderland over the last few weeks. I love the snow, especially the excuse not to drive anywhere and only venture out for walks with the dog. We live in the countryside, the lanes are rarely treated with salt, and so life slows down a pace.

Here is a picture I took of the path leading from our cottage. I love the silvery light and the low sun, it makes the reflection of the blue sky in the snow magical. I also adore how heavy each and every branch gets with snow, in fact there were quite a few trees down around the corner, they'd simply given up under the weight.


On the day I took this picture, Mr Harlem and I were on a lovely long walk, with the dog. It was a Sunday and we'd wrapped up warm and set off for a good few hours stomping through the woods. Eventually we found a pub with a roaring fire - luckily they didn't mind a chilly dog lying in front of it - and we stopped for a wonderful roast dinner with all the trimmings and a glass of red wine. Probably one of my most perfect days of the year so far :-)


This little pond is usually home to dragonflies, in the summer we like to watch them darting around. I'm always amazed at how big they are. No dragonflies today though, just ice and stillness.

This year I haven't been hit with inspiration to write a snow-filled novel, in fact my WIP is set in a summer heat wave! However, it wasn't so long ago, when walking through wintery woods like this that I came up with the plot line and characters for Cold Nights, Hot Bodies, a story where the couple are thrown together when snowed into a luxury hotel.




All my life I’ve been the quiet bookworm, the office mouse. It hasn’t bothered me. Immersing myself in erotic novels has kept me wriggling on the edge of my seat at work and firmly entrenched in my own fantasy world at night.

Though one thing is bothering me—my damn virginity. If only I could find a sexy bedroom expert to introduce me to the delights of having a lover. Someone handsome and charming, who can rival the hunky alpha males in my books. I have a very vivid, very well-fed imagination—he’ll have to keep up.

Then, one bitterly cold night, thanks to a devious, conniving, so-called friend, the perfect opportunity to rid myself of this pesky virginity problem comes along. Before I know it, the heroes in my novels have come alive in the person of Shane Galloway, who’s pleasuring me with every trick in the book and wheedling into my heart in the hottest ways possible.



Buy Links

Amazon US   Amazon UK   ARe   Kobo   B&N   Sony   Ellora's Cave


I so love the cover for this novel, and phew, it certainly makes me feel a little warm!

Thanks for reading and stay safe in the snow or whatever weather you're having today :-)

Lily x


2 comments:

  1. Those photos are stunning. I love the snow - ours is all gone now :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Linda. The snow doesn't usually last too long, but is is very beautiful to see the world turned white. :-)

      Delete