Saturday 14 September 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors #WeWrWa #8sunday


Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, here's 8 from The Player, book #2 in the Sexy as Hell Trilogy.

I rushed past Catherine, took the steps two at a time and within seconds was inside and had Zara in my arms, lifting her away from the mean slivers of broken glass. If she stood on them, got splinters in her feet, it would hurt like a bitch. 
I set her down, by the oven and she looked up at me.
“Are you all right?” I asked. 
She shook her head, just a little, and then was gone, flying from the room and turning the corner towards the staircase.
“Oh, what a state. We’ll have to replace that glass,” Catherine said tugging a broom from the cupboard.
“Yes,” I agreed, staring at the way the sunshine glinted, quite prettily, on the broken fragments. It was odd that something so wrecked could be so beautiful.







You can find out more about the Sexy as Hell Trilogy on the Harlem Dae website, and be sure to check out the 5* reviews that are piling in on Amazon.


Amazon       Amazon UK



5 comments:

  1. Broken things only look beautiful when you're in lurve mister! I think he is sweet and can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I loved writing this bit of the book, it's wonderful when the characters have lightbulb moments.

      Delete
  2. Oh, what beautiful imagery! I could se the light glinting off the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That scene is so real. I like the interaction between your characters.

    ReplyDelete