Monday 9 September 2013

Look who’s here...It’s Jenny Kane!!




For the past 9 years I’ve been writing away under the pen name Kay Jaybee - and WOW- have I had the most fun!!

14 solo publications, 3 new novels lined up, press appearances, erotic readings, modelling sessions, and even been up for a Best Author award! Let’s face it, I’ve done everything (and more) that I have ever wanted to do - except one thing.

That ‘one thing’ was to have a novel published outside of the erotica genre. This isn’t because I’m ashamed of what I do, or because I don’t consider erotica ‘real writing’ - far from it - but simply so I could prove to myself I could do it - that I could write something that didn’t have sex as the lynchpin of the story.

And, after years of deliberating over whether I was brave enough to step outside of my erotic comfort zone, I have finally dipped my toe into the world of contemporary romance- and so the new me has been born!

May I introduce you to Jenny Kane!!

My very first novel as Jenny is called AnotherCup of Coffee!!



Here’s the blurb...

Thirteen years ago Amy Crane ran away from everyone and everything she knew, ending up in an unfamiliar city with no obvious past and no idea of her future. Now, though, that past has just arrived on her doorstep, in the shape of an old music cassette that Amy hasn’t seen since she was at university.

Digging out her long-neglected Walkman, Amy listens to the lyrics that soundtracked her student days. As long-buried memories are wrenched from the places in her mind where she’s kept them safely locked away for over a decade, Amy is suddenly tired of hiding.

It’s time to confront everything about her life. Time to find all the friends she left behind in England, when her heart got broken and the life she was building for herself was shattered. Time to make sense of all the feelings she’s been bottling up for all this time. And most of all, it’s time to discover why Jack has sent her tape back to her now, after all these years…

With her mantra, New life, New job, New home, playing on a continuous loop in her head, Amy gears herself up with yet another a bucket-sized cup of coffee, as she goes forth to lay the ghost of first love to rest...

I did worry at first that it would be difficult to write this novel. That I’d be itching to pop in the occasional sex scene just so I’d feel on safe ground- but to my surprise that didn’t happen once. Perhaps it was because one of the main characters is an erotica writer, who I can naturally relate to, and that a great deal of the action (as the title would suggest) takes place in coffee shops (my spiritual home!)

I confess however, I am nervous about unleashing Another Cup of Coffee on the world - what if no one likes it? What if it flops? What if I’m never asked to write another romance again????? EEEKKK- Paranoid thoughts- maybe, but quite normal for us writer types I assure you!!

I guess I’ll just have to wait and see if people enjoy my non sexy work as well as my kink- if you fancy seeing what all the fuss is about- then you can order your copy of Another Cup of Coffee here...


Thanks again for letting me visit you today, Lily.

Jenny xx




Bio

Jenny Kane is the author of the contemporary romance Another Cup of Coffee (Accent Press, 2013). This is Jenny’s first novel, but more are in the pipeline... 

Keep your eye on her blog at www.jennykane.co.uk

You can also follow Jenny- 

Twitter @JennyKaneAuthor https://twitter.com/JennyKaneAuthor


Jenny also writes as the erotica author Kay Jaybee.

As Kay she has written several novels, novella’s and short stories, including,  The Retreat, (Xcite 2013), The Voyeur, (Xcite 2012), Making Him Wait (Sweetmeats, 2012), The Perfect Submissive (Xcite, 2012), Digging Deep, A Sticky Situation (Xcite 2012), and The Collector (Austin & Macauley, 2012).
Details of all Kay’s work can be found at www.kayjaybee.me.uk 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Lily!! This is my first ever guest blog as Jenny!! So far- I'm delighted to say- my new novel is going down really well- fingers crossed it continues to do so!! Jenny (Kay) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting piece, one which I can relate to having the same journey but the other way round (women's fiction to erotic romance) - though I've not had as much published as Kay. The insecurity and doubt are so understandable, but undoubtedly ill-founded. Good luck with Another Cup of Coffee - sure you won't need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks hun! I don't think the nerves ever go, no matter how published you are. Maybe that's a good thing- stops us taking things for granted!! So far so good for ACOC though- good luck to you for all your stories!! xxx

    ReplyDelete