Sunday 26 May 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors #WeWrWa #8Sunday


Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors. This week 8 from The Glass Knot, my m/m/f novel set in The Cotswolds. Laura and Josh have just had a clandestine liason in the barn but Josh is racked with guilt that he has betrayed his husband Nick. Laura can't help but listen to their argument...




It was then I heard voices, deep voices that were loud with outbursts of emotion.


I paused and glanced through the open kitchen window.

Josh and Nick were standing by the Aga. Josh was still bare chested though his skin and hair looked damp, as though he’d shot through the shower to remove physical evidence of me; it made me think of Lady Macbeth, obsessively washing her hands over and over after the murder of the king.

Nick wore a neat red polo shirt and an expression of both fury and agony.


“Nick, please just listen,” Josh pleaded.


“Why the hell should I?”


“Because I love you, you know I do, with all my heart I just—”


“Clearly you don’t love me, not enough anyway, not if you just fucked her.” Nick flung his hand to the ceiling as though indicating that I was upstairs.




If you would like to read a multitude of facts about The Glass Knot then head to this post, and if you hit the Amazon links below you'll be able to read the many 5* reader reviews for my threesome's story.


4 comments:

  1. I can feel the emotion coming from all three of them. Powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. I feel for all three of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gimme more! First snippet I've read when I got to the end I was in shock and disbelief that it was over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment, SJ, Stevie and Kayci :-)

    ReplyDelete