Sunday 12 May 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday




Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, this week 8 lines from the beginning of Breathe You In my latest erotic romance release.


As I stared at the haphazardly landed roses, an urge rushed into me. It was like getting hit by a moving object. It railroaded through my chest, swirled up that weight in my stomach, hurricane-­style, and sent my heart rate rocketing.
I’d been a fool. A damn fool to think just knowing his name and where he worked would be enough. Didn’t I know anything about myself? Had I learned nothing about grief and its obsessive, dark, manipulative nature?
It was obvious I hadn’t, because one thing was as sure as every rose having thorns, and if the thorn in our marriage had been Matt’s death, then the thorn in me now was that I’d be unable to rest until I’d seen Ruben Strong.




Amazon US    Amazon UK


Blurb


Soul-aching desire was just the beginning!

If the road to Heaven starts in Hell then I was ready to start climbing my way out and Ruben Strong was the man to accompany me. With his devastating good looks, seductively sexy charm and lust for adrenaline he was sure to make it a sensual and erotic experience as well as one to re-awake the passionate, throw-caution-to-the-wind woman I’d once been.


I’d given Ruben something, though, without him realizing, and that gift had come from the man I’d loved before. But I couldn’t tell Ruben. I had to keep that a tight secret even as our naked bodies wound together, sought out pleasure and hit the dizzy heights of ecstasy as one. Because Ruben had my husband’s heart, literally, and that heart was still in love with me, so it seemed, and now I was in love with Ruben. 


Emotions tangled with bliss, and fears were locked away as I surrendered to the touch of Ruben’s hands, the taste of his skin and the sounds of his pleasure. I couldn’t deny that Ruben had brought me back to life the same way I had him and there was no way I was giving up that feeling, not for anyone.




Learn all about my inspiration for this novel and why it had been waiting to be written for so long.

8 comments:

  1. Now that's some fresh writing. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, a very powerful premise AND the excerpt was just overwhelmingly full of emotion inagoodway. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words SJ and Veronica :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that snippet just rollercoasted through me - excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's really awesome. I like how you used the roses and the thorns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this premise, Lily! And great writing :-) Good 8!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Linda and Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete