Sunday 14 July 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors #WeWrWa


Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors. This week one from an oldie, the first in my Hot Ice series, HIRED, which stars Brooke Ambrose and Logan 'Phoenix' Taylor, the bad boy of the Orlando Vipers!


I searched out Logan at the same time the camera did and suddenly his flushed face filled the big screen right in front of us.
“And here’s the man they needed back in play,” the commentator jabbered in my ear. “And not one trip to the sin bin. This must be a record for Phoenix.”
Logan’s hair was damp and stuck in black licks around his temples. His eyes stared into the crowd unmoving as he nodded and shook hands with a teammate. I glanced back down at the ice. He was looking straight at me from the center circle. The noise of the arena continued as did the radio chatter, but in my head the vast stadium was silent, there was only Logan and me in the whole place. 



Find out more about HOT ICE on my website

3 comments:

  1. I do love a good hockey story! I'm going to have to check this on out. Great snippet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the entire place fades away so there's only the two of them! Excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to a live ice hockey game, but I felt like I was there. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete