Wednesday 3 July 2013

Hump Day Hook


Welcome to Hump Day Hook, which is basically where authors post a paragraph from a WIP or a published work to show it off to the world. 

Without further ado, here is a few lines from High-Sticked, my latest Hot Ice novel. (m/m 18+). Todd has just got down on his knees in the kitchen and shown Matthew exactly how much he adores him...

* * * * *

I stooped and rubbed my hands over his trembling shoulders. He was being racked with the spasms and shakes that I’d been subjected to moments ago. “Todd,” I whispered. “Todd, you okay?”
“Oh fuck, yeah,” he said, allowing me to help him to his feet.
“You sure?” I looked at his flushed cheeks and his dazed expression.
“Yeah, shit, never better.” He grinned suddenly and pressed his lips to mine. He tasted of me—salty and with a hint of my minty shower gel.
“I’m sorry, was I too rough?” I murmured, running my hands down his back and delighting in being able to grab the orbs of his ass and pull him close.
“No, perfect. You’re perfect.” He looked me in the eyes. “It’s just been fucking years since I’ve come in my pants.”



Blurb

Dating Todd “Pretty” Carty was a trailblazing, headline-grabbing ride that shocked and divided a team, a sport and a nation. While controversy ruled, our feelings exploded and we couldn’t deny the desire that sizzled between us. Nothing, however, was easy outside the bedroom. Not when my world-class, fearless athlete wanted to shout from Everest that he was in love with another man.

But laying my heart on the line and having my picture dominating the papers was worth it. Everything about Todd turned me on. His bold hockey skills, his courageous attitude and the way he melted in my arms when I kissed him. I melted too, because he knew how to press my buttons, remind me of the man I used to be and take me to those places where ecstasy ruled.

The world might have trouble accepting us, but we’d committed to each other, mind, body and soul, and nothing could change that.



Check out High-Sticked on Pinterest, and get back to Hump Day.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you humping, hon. I'd say this snippet was good, but I've read the book and thought the whole thing was fantabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to comment. That last line pushed me right off my seat - :D

    ReplyDelete