Thursday 17 November 2016

Art Inspiration by Lily Harlem #amwriting #art #inspiration


I was recently lucky enough to enjoy a stroll around the Scottish National Gallery. It's not huge, on the scale of galleries, but it's incredibly beautiful and inspirational. I found myself looking at stunning pieces of art from across the ages and longing for the story behind the piece. Luckily in most instances it was right there next to it. I find art can be a catalyst for my own imagination, the characters, landscape, mood of a piece can all get me thinking. Here are a few of my favourite pieces from the day and some that tugged at my thoughts and made me want to know more, or if not know more, make something up!


This stunning portrait is probably my favourite in the gallery and has pride of place as you enter.





I'm so used to seeing images of Napoleon, and this one of his mother as the main focus of the drawing, really caught my attention.



This sculpture seemed out of place amongst such beauty, but non the less, very intriguing.



Mr H and I were fascinated by this one, a picture of pictures! The detail is incredible and  many of the paintings depicted can be identified (if you're an art buff that is!).







I'd happily go back to the Scottish National Gallery for another mooch about, it's a real treat for the eyes.

Thanks for stopping by.

Lily x


Pssst... my menage a trois novel, SHARED is about an artist who is forced to flee when she discovers her boss' corrupt ways. And if this steamy novel hits the spot, don't miss SHARED TOO.








SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment