Sunday 2 June 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors #WeWrWa #8Sunday



Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors. This week a snippet from Breathe You In, a super-sexy romance set in England and FREE on Amazon 2nd-9th June (EST). These 8 lines are taken from very early on in the book when the hero Ruben and our heroine Katie have just met in the museum where Ruben works, in fact she's bumped right into him...


I snapped my hand away. Had I felt the thud of a heart beating beneath my palm? Panic raced through my body, starting in my fingers and shooting up my arm. It went into my lungs and belly, weakening my knees and softening my spine.
It was him, I knew it was. How many Rubens could possibly work here? Not only that, I’d touched him, hell, he was still touching me. This wasn’t my plan, not at all. 
Gasping, I moved back, still staring at his badge, at his chest. Beneath that neat white shirt, his skin and bones, was Matt—Matt’s heart and lungs. Beating. Inflating. The heart that had loved me so much.






Blurb

Soul-aching desire was just the beginning!

If the road to Heaven starts in Hell then I was ready to start climbing my way out and Ruben Strong was the man to accompany me. With his devastating good looks, seductively sexy charm and lust for adrenaline he was sure to make it a sensual and erotic experience as well as one to re-awake the passionate, throw-caution-to-the-wind woman I’d once been.

I’d given Ruben something, though, without him realizing, and that gift had come from the man I’d loved before. But I couldn’t tell Ruben. I had to keep that a tight secret even as our naked bodies wound together, sought out pleasure and hit the dizzy heights of ecstasy as one. Because Ruben had my husband’s heart, literally, and that heart was still in love with me, so it seemed, and now I was in love with Ruben. 

Emotions tangled with bliss, and fears were locked away as I surrendered to the touch of Ruben’s hands, the taste of his skin and the sounds of his pleasure. I couldn’t deny that Ruben had brought me back to life the same way I had him and there was no way I was giving up that feeling, not for anyone.




14 comments:

  1. Love the emotion in this snippet. Wow. Looking forward to reading it. Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Talk about an intriguing snippet. Definitely makes me want to read on

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great snippet, I can feel her sort of panic at the moment and at the same time how emotional it is for her to discover the beating heart. Heading over to Amazon to snag a copy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great 8! I love all the "feels" literally & emotionally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome, great emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emotional confusion for sure. Nice 8. Imagine making a physical connection like that?

    History Sleuth's Milk Carton Murders

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intriguing premise, very intense scene...excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really great 8 lines! The emotional twists are so well-written!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I loved writing this book, the story called to me and everything was put on hold until it was moved from my head onto the laptop, but then I missed the characters!

    Lily x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So the heart is really still in love with her. So incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fascinating sey-up there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow. Nothing like literally running into the person that received your dead lover's heart. This could get interesting.

    ReplyDelete