Friday 9 March 2012

LONG DISTANCE LOVERS - There is a contest too!!!

Today is a big day for my friends, the two Karen's as their co-author LONG DISTANCE LOVERS is just out, like now, fresh off the press this minute. I can't wait to get my hands on it, as you all know I am a complete sucker for a sexy rock-star (Yes, you heard correct, sexy, schmexy rock star, oh yum with chocolate sprinkles!)

So stay tuned, read all about it and then scroll down and enter the contest. I just know we are going to get some great comments, and maybe even some ideas for new novels today :-)



Blurb

British musician Tim Wentworth trades his London flat for an apartment in NYC so he can record with a promising American band, but he arrives in Manhattan to learn the gig has been canceled. With no job and a two-month stay in the States, he wonders if the trip has been a waste of time, until he meets charming and talented jewelry designer Jenna Bradford.

Unlike the groupies who throw themselves at Tim after shows, Jenna couldn’t be less impressed by his music credentials. Bad experiences have led her to have a strict “no-musicians” policy. But when Tim rescues Jenna from an obnoxious drunk, she bends her rules and they embark on a sensuous courtship filled with steamy, passionate nights and intense, unexpected emotions. While they try to find a way to prolong their time together, a family tragedy forces Tim to return to England. Jenna and Tim must each decide how far they’re willing to go to see if their whirlwind romance can lead to a lifetime of love.

Excerpt


Jenna and Natalie checked their coats and made their way to a pair of leather stools at the center of the bar. Waiters in white shirts and bow ties circulated through the dining room while well-dressed patrons clinked wineglasses and bustled with conversation.

The baby grand piano sat in the corner, at the transition from bar to restaurant. Jenna was disappointed there was no sign of Tim. She’d waited for this moment all day.

“What can I get for you this evening, ladies?” the bartender asked.

“What’s good tonight?” Natalie asked.

Jenna couldn’t even think about a drink order. Preoccupied with scanning the room, she chewed on her lip, crossed her leg and bobbed her foot.

“We’ll have two margaritas on the rocks, with salt.” Natalie said, turning to Jenna. “He hand squeezes the limes.”

“Great.” Jenna felt a hand on her shoulder and shuddered as she turned and saw Tim next to her. He was breathtaking in his new black suit coat, dress shirt, and deep blue tie. “Hi. I was wondering where you were.”

Tim rubbed his hand across her upper back several times and every part of her became aware of his presence. Her lips twitched at the corners, excited to see their new playmate again.

Tim extended his hand. “Natalie, nice to see you again.”

Natalie shook his hand and her cheeks became pink. “Nice to see you as well.” She ogled him, not blinking at all.

So it isn’t just me who can’t stop staring at him.

The bartender set down their drinks. “Would you like to start a tab?”

“Peter, please,” Tim said, “put it on mine. Thanks, mate.”

“I’m sorry we didn’t get here for the first set.” Jenna took a sip of her cocktail.

“It’s my fault,” Natalie said. “I was running behind.”

“How did it go?” Jenna asked.

“They didn’t throw tomatoes at me.” Tim reached down and took Jenna’s hand, his soulful eyes on her. “You look lovely tonight.” He grinned. “I’d love to chat, but it’s time for me to go on. Wish me luck.”

Jenna felt her insides melt. “Good luck. We’ll be here when you’re finished.”

Natalie knocked Jenna on the knee with her fist as he walked to the piano. “If you don’t sleep with him tonight, I will.” She licked the salt from the rim of her glass and took several big swallows. “Sweet Jesus.”

The next fifty minutes passed like the most enticing dream Jenna had ever had. The minute Tim began to play, he became like a different man, and to her amazement, that new man was unbelievably talented. He mesmerized her as his long fingers floated over the piano keys as though it took no effort at all, as though he’d been born doing it. No wonder they said they’d take him for only two months. He’s incredible.

He directed his sight to her as soon as he finished. Jenna smiled proudly, sitting up straight and feeling as if her heart was about to leap out of her chest. I am in so much trouble and I don’t even care.

Natalie finished her drink and stood, putting her purse over her shoulder. “I should go,” she whispered to Jenna.

Tim came up behind her. “You aren’t leaving us already, are you?”

“I am. Congratulations. You were incredible. Very impressive.” She shook his hand and then turned back to Jenna. “Have a great night. I’ll see you tomorrow. You can come in at six instead of five. I can manage by myself until then.”

“Are you sure?” Jenna asked.

Natalie looked at Tim and then at her. “I’m sure.” She leaned down and kissed Jenna on the cheek before walking away.

“Well? What did you think? You’d tell me if you thought it was bollocks, wouldn’t you?”

Jenna laughed and felt bold enough to reach for his hand as he took Natalie’s seat at the bar. “I don’t even know what to say. I’m speechless. I figured you were talented, I just had no idea you were going to be so amazing.”

Tim rubbed his thumb across the top of her hand. “Would you like to go somewhere? I mean, for coffee or something.”

“My place?” she asked. “My roommate is working late tonight.”

“Smashing. Let’s get your coat.”

Jenna felt as if her entire body was on fire as they walked back to her apartment. Is this going to happen? Am I imagining this?She’d picked up a box of condoms on her way home from work, just in case. She was ready to throw all caution to the wind. Even with the future uncertain, she knew one thing about tonight—she wanted Tim, badly.

They took the corner on to her street and Jenna’s jaw dropped when she saw the lights on in her apartment. Rachel was doing her interpretive dance bullshit in front of the window.

“She’s supposed to be working.” Jenna pointed up at the building as she searched Tim’s face. Her shoulders dropped and she groaned.

He glanced up at the window. “You know, I don’t even know her and I already don’t like her.”

“I’m sorry. I guess I messed up our evening.”

Tim took her other hand and pulled her closer. “That’s not possible. Even if I had to go straight home, I would still say it was perfect. Especially after this.”

He wrapped his arms around her and lifted her up onto her tiptoes. Jenna’s back arched in surrender. He kissed her with abandon, showing far less reserve than last night’s good-night kiss. He stopped and pressed his nose against hers. “I really don’t want our evening to end. Would you like to come back to my place? I know it’s a bit of a walk. We don’t have to do anything more than talk. Whatever you want.”

Jenna was still catching her breath from the kiss. She grabbed his hand, took several long strides to the curb and thrust her hand up in the air. “Taxi!”



Find Karen Booth here

Find Karen Stivali here





Now for the contest. Answer this question -

"In Long-Distance Lovers, Tim and Jenna find love when neither is looking for it. Have you ever found love when you least expected it?"

Don't forget to leave your email addy with the your comment and Karen or Karen will be in touch with you this time next week if you are the lucky winner of a copy of the awesome Long Distance Lovers.

Good luck

Lily x

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I totally want to read this! I've read Karen Stivali before, but not Karen Booth so I'd love to check this book out. Sounds yum!

    And in answer to your question - yes, I have. I know it's far from exciting, but I met my OH at work - and we've now been together almost four years. :)

    lucy at lucyfelthouse dot co dot uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such an amazing book & I am very anxious now to read it. Congratulations ladies!

    Long ago, I was out driving around aimlessly with a friend of mine and stopped to get a drink at a local convenience store. I was 19 years old at the time and spotted the cute boy parked next to us right away. Who would have ever thought it would turn into anything yet alone love? Here we are almost 19 years later, married with two kids. I would say that I most certainly got my money's worth from that bottle of iced tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look and sound of this book! CONGRATS to the two Karen's on the release!!!

    I wasn't expecting to find love on Valentine's day last month, but I did and he is the most adorable little man I've ever met! My sister delivered 8lbs. worth of love that day:)

    yadkny@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved hearing everyone's stories--thanks so much for dropping by. I did a random drawing and yadkny, you are our winner. Off to send you an email right now!

    ReplyDelete