Wednesday 2 September 2015

Dreaming of Greece

Toy Boy - erotic romance cougar story.


Oh, how I adore summer. The sun, the long, lazy evenings and eating outdoors. One particular summer that I remember with great fondness was a year Mr H and I went to Greece. We decided to have a go at sailing, and although neither of us were experts, we had a few lessons and joined a flotilla. We had an amazing time, so amazing in fact that I was inspired to set Toy Boy there. Toy Boy is my new short novel which has been hailed by reviewers as 'the perfect summer read'.



So today I thought I'd share a few photographs that I took of the Ionian Islands while visiting this wonderful part of the world.


We started off our adventure in the beautiful port of Fiscardo. My hero and heroine in Toy Boy, Sullivan and Kay meet here for the first time. It's a small harbour, with busy little restaurants around the port and spectacular views of Ithaca its neighbour.



Having lunch here was just perfect and as you can see there are fish in abundance.


The cats liked the fish too...



We were put in charge of a Beneteau 32, again the boat Sullivan charters in Toy Boy. It was so freeing to be out in the ocean, picking small coves to anchor for lunch and then when we got too hot we'd jump into the sea for a dip. 




We saw turtles, sun fish and dolphins on our travels, all of which I've included in the book, and yes, I was as captivated as Kay is.



The colours are one of the things that's really stayed with me. In Greece every colour seemed to be brighter, more vivid and vibrant than back home. The white-sun overhead bleaching the houses, bouncing off the sea and giving it this gorgeous rich aquamarine when we went shallow but rich navy in the depths.





Here are a few more images, just because I have them and want to share...







This final picture was taken at sunset and is Ithaca settling down for the night.


I hope you enjoyed my pictures and learning how I put my experiences of my wonderful holiday into my summer read . If you'd like to read an excerpt from Toy Boy, click here. There are loads of great reviews too and you can pick up your copy from all good ebook retailers including the publisher Totally Bound and Amazon/Amazon UK.




Back Cover information

Getting something unexpected can be a shock, but it can also be a wonderful treat, if you allow yourself to indulge, that is.


Kay is bubbling with excitement. She’s booked a sailing holiday of a lifetime in Greece with a man she’s fallen for hook, line and sinker. They met on the Internet. She’s from Oxford, he’s from Washington State. She’s a business lecturer, he runs his own successful business.


They’re perfect for each other, and she can’t wait to meet him and spend time in and out of his bed, allowing him to seduce her for real and not just with softly spoken words over the telephone.


But when she arrives in the idyllic port of Fiscardo, she’s in for a shock. There’s a reason Sullivan’s photographs were grainy, and it’s not because he’s sporting a potbelly or balding as she’d suspected. It’s because he’s over a decade younger than her and could rival any Greek god in the looks department. What’s more, his sex appeal and lust for her is off the scale.


Should Kay take what she can with her ‘toy boy’ and have some fun in the sun or hop on the first plane back to England? It’s a tricky decision for a woman who believed she couldn’t be surprised by life anymore.



4 comments:

  1. wonderful - I can smell the sea and prawns cooking on the charcoal fires.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is a beautiful place. I need to go to Greece!

    ReplyDelete