Wednesday 6 February 2013

The Next Big Thing!

Welcome to the NEXT BIG THING Blog Hop.




What is a blog hop? Basically, it’s a way for readers to discover authors new to them. I hope you'll find new-to-you authors whose works you enjoy. On this stop on the blog hop, you'll find a bit of information on me and one of my books and links to other authors you can explore!

My gratitude to fellow author, Nicole Morgan, for inviting me to participate in this event. Click here to learn more about Nicole and her books.  

In this blog hop, my fellow authors and I, in our respective blogs, have answered ten questions about our current book or work-in-progress (giving you a sneak peek). We've also included some behind-the-scenes information about how and why we write what we write--the characters, inspirations, plotting and other choices we make. I hope you enjoy it!

* * * * *


Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions. Here is my Next Big Thing!

1: What is the working title of your book?

CLAW MARK

2: Where did the idea come from for the book?

It's a sequel to BITE MARK which will be out in the summer at Ellora's Cave. I just couldn't let these characters go, hot vampires sworn to protect the woman they love at all costs, add in a pack of wolves with just as ferocious sexual appetites as the vampires and I'm hooked on writing, what's not to love about immersing myself in their world?





3: What genre does your book come under?

Paranormal erotic romance.

4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Oh, great question, okay. In Bite Mark, I'm thinking for the vampire who is a little more serious (he is a lawyer after all) Brad Pitt when he was younger and in An Interview with a Vampire.




I don't know who this guy is, but I saw this picture ages ago and used him as my 'head image' of Ryle, the edgy, risk-taker of the two London-based vampires.




And the lucky lady... Ashley Green has the right kind of look, though not sure how much this actress would enjoy having to work as a butcher girl at the beginning of the story in one of London's busiest meat markets.



Claw Mark sees new characters, shifters who not just have their eye on Beatrice, but also have to save her life. Here are three of them...and yes, they're into each other as well!!










5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

They all want your blood, your life and also for you to consent to be their wife - who the hell can you trust?

6: Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency?

It will be published by Ellora's Cave - all being well :-)

7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

About two months for Bite Mark - Claw Mark is still a baby.

8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Not sure on this question, I rarely read paranormal - whoops, am I allowed to say that?

9: Who or what inspired you to write this book?

A trip to London on a dark, dank and very foggy day in winter. I was wandering around Smithfield market and thought how Jack-the-Ripper-like it was, quite creepy to be honest, and I got to thinking if there were vampires about. But not lurking to kill, just to suck blood, and managing to blend in with 'almost normal jobs'. I imagined them coming to the butcher's market and sniffing the air, enjoying the scent of blood... the rest just came out onto the page.

10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

If you like my menage books - The Glass Knot, Shared, Shared Too, Teamwork, Orchestrating Manoeuvres to name a few - and sexy vampires emerging from the mist to claim what they believe is rightfully theirs appeals to you, then Bite Mark and Claw Mark should be right up your street - or should I say, dark, dirty alley?

Below you will find authors who will be joining me virtually, via blog, next Wednesday. Please be sure to bookmark their sites, and add them to your calendars for updates on their upcoming books! Happy Writing and Reading!



Also check out the TWO releases I've had in the last 5 days!  Published by Ellora's Cave and Harper Collins. Yes, I'm a very busy author!




For too many years I’ve hidden a sinful, erotic craving in the darkest corner of my soul. Within this deeply buried sliver, shameful fantasies rule and images—seedy, degrading, filthy images—burn through the dark of night and hold my dreams hostage.

Luckily, the center of my whore obsession is keen to play my slutty game. I know nothing about him, other than his taste, touch and smell, but that’s how I want it, because of one thing I’m certain—this man is dangerous to know. But despite the risks, in the very heart of New York, in open view, I’ll tempt him with my wares, show him my skills and prove I’m up for the job.




When scalpels are set down, the ward lights turned off and the patients asleep, there is always time for mischief …

I guess you could call me a jack-of-all-trades nurse. I find work satisfaction in whichever department the hospital needs me most, as long as it’s through the darkest hours. Needless to say I’ve seen it all over the years, been there and done that, what’s left to shock me isn’t worth knowing. But it’s so often the quieter nighttime where the real high jinx abound.

Yes, the nocturnal life is the one for me. With a weakness for sexy guys wearing white coats and dangling stethoscopes, my fantasies are often realised and I’m adept at finding relief from the hospital grind in shadowy corners and cozy linen cupboards.

Of course my dedication to patient comfort is paramount. What kind of nurse would I be if it wasn’t? But when one act of extreme, albeit highly inappropriate, kindness forced me to become the hospital director’s snitch, the length I went to in order to keep my job satisfied my desires and found me the love that had always evaded me. A love that made me push even my not-so-professional boundaries to the extreme.



2 comments:

  1. Your books all sound delightful, Lily. And you can never go wrong casting Brad Pitt. Lol. Thanks for tapping me for next week. What a fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Normandie and for being willing to take on the Next Big Thing!

      Delete