Please welcome my very dear friend Marissa Farrar to my blog. I'm completely thrilled to have her here on Halloween as she is somewhat of an expert on all things paranormal and while she's mixing up plots and sexy characters she's making it all super hot too. So grab yourself a glass of pumpkin wine, put up your feet, get the black cat on your lap and read on…
Several years ago, while writing a blog post, I quipped that I preferred vampires to werewolves because who the hell would want dog hair in their bed? Fast forward a number of years, and I’m older and wiser. While I still love my vampires, I have also developed a keen appreciation of all things shifter.
My initial encounter of werewolves came from the movie ‘In the Company of Wolves.’ An extremely unsuitable boyfriend at the time—older, long hair, tattoos, basically every teenage girls’ dream—introduced me to the movie. It’s dark and sexy, and I highly recommend it for a classic horror movie this Halloween.
But recently werewolves have been hitting the big time, and producing some rather gorgeous werewolf types out of it. Here’s a list of my top five!
1. Alcide from True Blood. Now this is one hot werewolf! While I didn’t like where the show took his character, I was quite happy watching along for all of the naked chest (and everything else) shots. Eric (Alex Skarsgard) will always be my favourite, but Alcide ran a close second!
2. Derek from Teen Wolf. Dark and smouldering, and not always on the right side of good, Derek was the main Alpha, and still is in my eyes. He makes Scott seem like a puppy-dog in comparison.
3. Peter Rumenack from Hemlock Grove. Okay, I know I have a thing about the Skarsgard family (Bill, who plays Peter’s best friend, Roman, on the show is Alex’s (Eric from True Blood) little brother), and while I do think Roman overshadowed Peter’s character slightly, I still fell for Peter’s long haired, blue eyed, gypsy/werewolf ways.
4. Jacob Black from Twilight. He’s a little on the young and sweet side for me, but I couldn’t not include him! He’s another one who we never mind if he takes his shirt off, but Jacob, I do wish you hadn’t cut your hair!
5. Michael Corvin from Underworld. The best part of Micheal was the romance that went with his character. While Jacob Black had the simpering Bella as potential girlfriend material, Michael had the kick ass Selene. It takes a whole lot of man—I mean werewolf—to handle a woman like that!
So there’s my list. Who are your favourite werewolves? And if you want to check out my own version of werewolf hotness, including some well built, long-haired, tattooed shifters, please check out my Spirit Shifters series. There are currently three books in the series, with book four to be released in December. Book One, Autumn’s Blood, is free across most ebook sites!
Marissa Farrar is a multi-published paranormal romance, fantasy, and horror author. She was born in Devon, England, has travelled all over the world, and has lived in both Australia and Spain. She now resides in the countryside with her husband, three young children, a crazy Spanish dog, and two rescue cats.
Marissa is the author of thirteen novels, including the dark vampire ‘Serenity’ series. Her short stories have been accepted for a number of anthologies including, Their Dark Masters, Red Skies Press, Masters of Horror: Damned If You Don’t, Triskaideka Books; and 2013: The Aftermath, Pill Hill Press.
If you want to know more about Marissa, then please visit her website at www.marissa-farrar.blogspot.com. You can also find her at her facebook page, www.facebook.com/marissa.farrar.author or follow her on twitter @marissafarrar.
She loves to hear from readers and can be emailed at email@example.com.