Monday 13 April 2015

Spirit by Ashe Barker


Hello Lily, and thank you for inviting me back to your blog to help get the word out about my latest release, Spirit.

Spirit is a sexy romance, but with some serious issues underpinning it. It’s a story about homelessness, and about childhood abuse. But it’s also about kindness, generosity, and moving on. For all that, it isn’t really a dark tale. Spirit has its lighter side too, with some endearing minor characters. Look out for Ethel, the exuberant little Westie dog, and rather bad-tempered macaw. I’ll let you into a secret, Ethel is my own little dog. I just had to put her in a book somewhere. And George the parrot is inspired by my husband’s grumpy cockatiel, one seriously scary bird.

Here’s the blurb…

When Matthew Logan offers a homeless young woman a bed for a few nights, he expects the girl to eat, sleep, recover from the flu, and then move on. Instead, in no time at all eighteen-year-old Beth Harte has captured his affections completely. Though Matt wants only to protect her and has no intention of sleeping with her, Beth has other ideas, and she proves to be very persuasive.

But after Beth is attacked by a friend of Matt’s and subsequently learns for the first time that Matt is an experienced dominant, she is unable to separate the man she is growing to care about from her hateful memories of previous exploitation. Confused and frightened, she runs away.

Almost six years pass before Matt sees Beth again, and in that time his vulnerable little waif has reinvented herself as an artist. Now she has a stunning proposition for him and his environmental engineering company: to collaborate on a project fusing art and science to promote one of the most prestigious sporting events in the world. But when Matt demands to know what went wrong before, she tells him the truth, both about her childhood and about his friend’s actions.

Matt is determined to make Beth’s abusers pay for their crimes, but he’s also not about to let her run away from him again. Can Beth bring herself to trust Matt despite her fears and give him the chance to love her and show her the pleasures of being his submissive, or will the wounds of her past keep her from trusting anyone ever again?

Publisher’s Note: Spirit is an erotic romance novel that includes spankings, sexual scenes, anal play, BDSM content, and more. If such material offends you, please don’t buy this book.

And of course a sexy excerpt, to whet your appetite.

"Do you want to go out later?" Matt calls out to me as I carry our empty plates over to the sink. The washing up will have to wait though.
"Where? Everything's closed."
"We could probably find somewhere in town."
"Well I couldn't eat anything else, and we have plenty of booze here." Matt's not a big drinker I've noticed, but that doesn't stop him from having a well filled wine rack and a drinks fridge full of Budweiser.
"Fair enough. Reckon I'll have to settle for fucking you again then."
"Mmm, probably. Or I could fuck you."
"Interesting. What do you have in mind?"
I'm wearing one of his T shirts, as usual, and nothing else. I drag it off and toss it onto the floor as I prowl back across the room. Matt doesn't move. He waits for me to reach him then lies back, his legs stretched out in front of the settee.
"Go one then, do your worst, Miss Harte."
I kneel between his feet and reach for the zip on his jeans. He never bothered to fasten the button. I unzip him and spread the fabric to reveal his already solid cock.
"Lift up." I tap his hip indicating he should raise his bum and let me pull his jeans down. At first he doesn't oblige so I glance up at him to catch a quirk of his eyebrow. If pushed I would have to describe it as grumpy. But even so, he does as I ask.
I peel his jeans down his legs and shove them behind me on the floor. Then I wrap my fingers around his stiff cock and stroke it from base to tip.
Matt says nothing, but his head rolls back to rest on the leather behind him. His eyes are closed. I shuffle a little closer and use my other hand to cup his balls, surprising myself at the weight of them. I roll them in my palm, my fingers caressing the skin covering them, I love the roughness of the texture, and the way his nuts actually move in my hand.
"I like your dick."
"Thank God for that. Beth, I..." Whatever he might have intended to say is choked off as I lean in to take the head of his oh-so-likable dick in my mouth. I use both hands, and my mouth to caress him. This is a first for me so I listen for any tell-tale sounds to provide feedback on how I'm doing. Matt is quite vocal.
"Shit, girl, that's fucking wonderful."
Ah, right. I scrape my teeth around the smooth head of his cock, enjoying the salty tang of the fluid weeping from the slit at the end. At the same time I squeeze his balls, lifting and rolling them in my hand.
"Fuck, fuck , fuck."
Sounds like another winner. I pump my hand up and down the thick shaft, relishing the wetness now coating it, the combined effect of my saliva and his own lubrication. My movements are slick and fast, and the sharp thrusting of his hips indicates that my efforts are appreciated. I pause briefly to reposition myself on the sofa, kneeling next to him. At this angle I can reach better to massage his cock as well as using my lips and tongue to caress the head. I offer him a quick, enthusiastic smile, then bend to my task.
Just a few moments later Matt's hand descends onto my shoulder. I halt, turning my head to look up at him.
"Enough. Now you fuck me."
I pop his cock out of my mouth and kneel up. "Anything you say, oh lord and master."
He frowns at me, his mouth twisting into a wry smile.
"Not yet, baby, but we're working on it. Now put this on and get busy."

You can grab a copy of Spirit from wherever you like to buy your ebooks

Spirit Buy Links


More about Ashe Barker

I’ve been writing seriously for about two years but I’ve been an avid reader for as long as I can remember, erotic and other genres.  I love reading historical and contemporary romances in all pairings – the hotter the better. But now I have a good excuse for my guilty pleasure – research. 

My stories are often set in the north of England where I live but I draw inspiration from all over. An incident here, a chance remark there, a bizarre event or quirky character, any of these can spark a story idea. But ultimately my tales of love, challenge, resilience and compassion are the conjurings of my own lurid and smutty imagination.

On the rare occasions I’m not writing my time is divided between my role as resident taxi driver for my teenage daughter, and caring for a menagerie of dogs, rabbits, tortoises.  And most recently a very grumpy cockatiel.  I’m a rural parish councillor too.

My other titles are many and varied, and include the ‘Black Combe’ trilogies, The Dark Side, Sure Mastery, The Hardest Word and A Richness of Swallows, all set in the atmospheric moorland of West Yorkshire or Cumbria and with a strong BDSM theme.  My stand alone novels are The Three Rs, Chameleon, Red Skye at Night, and Faith but this list grows all the time. The Widow Is Mine is a full length medieval erotic romance which I wrote for The Conquered Brides collection. I’ve also written several short stories, including Re-Awakening, a raunchy pirate tale, Right of Salvage, and a MM story, Bodywork, which was included in the Amazon best-selling collection Brit Boys on Boys. You can find all my stories on my author page on Amazon.


I have a pile of story ideas still to work through, and keep thinking of new ones at the most unlikely moments, so you can expect to see a lot more from me.

I love to hear from readers. You can find me on my blog, and I’m on Facebook, and twitter too. And more recently on Tsu.


No comments:

Post a Comment