Monday 7 February 2011

A Question for Natalie Dae co-author of Black Cougar Curse.




Deep in the mountain wilderness, Lucia Chavez searches for closure to her father’s death, and the mythical black cougar he sought. Drop-dead sexy Cherokee Indian guide Sam Starr knows more than he’s telling. After he saves Lucia from being swept away in a mudslide, the bath they both need turns steamy indeed. Sam and Lucia are living proof that near-death experiences can bring two people closer together—they can’t keep their hands off each other.
Amidst danger and mystery, Sam and Lucia explore the lust that burns between them. If their desire gets any stronger it could bring down the mountains. Ancient secrets hold the key to their unbridled sexual need. Was their passion written in the stars?
One man. One woman. A curse that binds them—and could tear them apart.


Hey, Natalie, great to have you on my blog today. Can you tell me about Sam in your latest release?

Tess MacKall created a wonderful alpha hero in our co-author book, Black Cougar Curse. I always write my heroes with a very tender side, and it was a joy to watch Sam’s creation as Tess shaped him into a man who was tough yet gentle underneath. I can never find the right balance. To me, alpha says strong and hard, so when I try to write them they come out too tough, too dominant. Tess has the ability to create the perfect alpha hero, in my opinion, and I remember thinking as we wrote the book, “When I grow up, I want to be Tess MacKall.”

I love reading about alpha heroes, seeing how the author deals with their characters. While reading, I’m learning all the time, seeing how others create the kind of alpha I enjoy—which is definitely not the kind I’ve attempted to write! I think, once I’ve read enough alpha books, that maybe one day I will have the courage to write one, but for now, I’ll be sticking with my beta men.

Sam sizzles on the page. Tess made me want to meet him for real, and when we received the absolutely excellent cover by Dar Albert, the man was exactly like Sam. We wanted him prominent on the cover, more so than our heroine, Lucia, because Sam just needed to be the main focus. I felt that very deep inside, that he demanded to draw the reader’s eye, and that was all down to Tess’ fantastic character building. Although the book is shared in equal parts between the hero and heroine, Sam is the one I leaned more toward when reading the final product. He’s adorable, strong, and so very masculine. I think I fell in love with him.

Get your sexy on and read an excerpt here:

Subscribe to Risqué! the hottest newsletter around featuring once-a-month news from erotic romance authors Natalie Dae, Regina Carlysle, and Tess MacKall. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/risquenewsletter






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring our book here today, Lily. We've had so many comments, in public and in private, about how much people WANT Sam from the cover. So funny!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised you've had lots of comments about Sam. He is quite delicious.

    Lily x

    ReplyDelete